Personal data, or personal information as it is sometimes called, is data that relates to or is capable of identifying a living person. Account Holder privacy is very important to us and we do all we can to protect it.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal data: When you first sign-up for the Ekobokning Service, we ask for your name and email address and other personal information. In addition we usually also capture your IP address to understand user location. Other personal information about you is then optional to provide, for example any demographic data (age; occupation; interests etc) which you may choose to provide in connection with another Ekobokning offering (such as Ekobokning Opinions).
Sensitive personal data: In some instances, we may also ask you for sensitive personal information, for instance when obtaining and comparing insurance quotations from a hotel. This personal data may include information on your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health or condition, allegations of criminality, criminal convictions, or sentences for convictions. It will be provided only with your explicit consent, including as to the hotel(s) with whom it will be shared (such as a provider of insurance quotations). We will retain your personal data for as long as is permitted for legal, regulatory, taxation and fraud prevention purposes.
Cookies: When your web browser accesses a specific web site such as ours, cookies (a type of small text file) may, depending on your browser settings, be automatically stored on your computer's hard drive.
Cookies are placed on the Ekobokning site both by Ekobokning and by third parties authorised by Ekobokning to do so.
Cookies on the Ekobokning site do the following:
- Tell us the route (such as a web-search or an online advertisement, for example) by which you came to the Ekobokning site.
Where you are an Account Holder:
- Track your transactions. When you make a purchase on a hotel's site it's cookies that give us the information to track your transactions with hotels. Specifically it tells us which hotel's site you've clicked through to and when and if you go on to make a transaction. Specifics related to the value of the transaction and trees planted is sent at a later date by the participating hotel.
- Keep you logged in to your Account for a period of time.
- Allow us to comply with your choices about the display of information in your Account.
- Track your use of blogging functionality available through the Ekobokning site.
- Remember the options you select (such as favourite merchants).
- Permit integration with social media sites (such as the ability to "like" Ekobokning on Facebook).
- Provide you with recommended offers, based on your use of Ekobokning and the transactions you enter into through it.
- Also, if you visit the Ekobokning site and do not establish an Account, a cookie-like technology allows you to be presented with advertising for Ekobokning on other sites that you visit - this advertising is intended to prompt you to return to the Ekobokning site to register as an Account Holder.
We may include cookies on the Ekobokning site that allow third party advertisers to present you with advertising on the Ekobokning site based on interests inferred from your web browsing activity and your use of the Ekobokning Service. To understand more about the cookies placed by third party advertising providers, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We believe that the cookies you encounter on the Ekobokning site are either (i) necessary to perform the functions that Account Holders wish to use the Ekobokning Service for, or (ii) are non-intrusive.
To learn how to manage and remove cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
Please note, however, that if you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to use certain aspects of Ekobokning - and will not be able to plant trees through your booking.
YOUR SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH HOTELS AND OTHERS
As an Account Holder, you will from time to time make your personal data available to other businesses that work with us, including hotels. This will happen each time you enter into a transaction with a hotel, and will happen in other circumstances (such as when you use a price- or quote-comparison service).
Each hotel or other business to which you provide your personal data will have its own practices concerning users' privacy. Those hotels and businesses are independent of Ekobokning, so you should check their privacy terms to make sure you are happy with them.
OUR SHARING OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH OTHERS
We like to understand our Account Holders interests as well as we can, in order to personalise the offers we make to them through the Ekobokning Service as much as possible. Therefore, we may provide personal data we hold about you as an Account Holder (such as your name and email address) to one or more third party bureaux which will match that data against other information they hold about you - such as age, gender, demographic information, and known interests - and provide that information to us. We always request these third party bureaux to delete your personal data from their systems as soon as possible, and to keep data relating to you confidential.
We will use the information they provide to us to target more accurately the offers that are made to you through the Ekobokning Service.
We also put the information we gather about Account Holders together in an aggregated and anonymous manner (so that your identity and personal data are not accessible) and (a) use it for internal management purposes, (b) share it with current or prospective hotels and (c) use it to target offers that are made to Account Holders through the Ekobokning Service. This type of information includes, for example, the types of product that the individual Account Holder purchases and the value of those purchases.
In addition, Ekobokning will also share data with trusted 3rd parties to enable our instore program to correctly track your Qualifying Transactions and related Referral Fees:
- You may only register a maximum of 15 Identifier Card Numbers per Member's account, however this may include cards belonging to other members of your household/family providing that they have consented to the registration of their Identifier Card Number(s). We may request that you provide written evidence of such consent at any time. If we are not satisfied that all Identifier Card Numbers are included with the holder's consent we reserve the right to de-register any or all Identifier Card Numbers on your account.
- Each Identifier Card Number may only be registered at any one time to one service in the world through which cards are used as identifiers for the purpose of crediting rewards (whether loyalty, points, trees planted or other kinds of rewards) when shopping with designated hotels. In the event of more than one attempted registration of the same Identifier Card Number the last registration will prevail and previous registrations will be automatically de-registered.
Your personal data may be disclosed if we, or an entity processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
We're committed to protecting your personal information. All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers and access to this database is restricted internally. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we use reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Access to your Account is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your personal information you also must protect yourself. What does this mean?
- Keep your password or other access information secret.
- Ensure no-one else uses Ekobokning while your machine is "signed in" to the Ekobokning site.
- Make sure you sign out from your Account when not using it.
- Ensure that only you have access to the details of your Account.
EDITING YOUR ACCOUNT AND MAILING SETTINGS
We like to keep in touch with our Account Holders so after you have signed up to Ekobokning we'll send you information about products or services provided by us or our partners that we think will be of interest to you.
Of course we know lots of emails can be annoying so we try to keep ours to a minimum. However, if you feel you're getting too many or would like more you can change the settings in your Account at any time. We have a one click unsubscribe policy, and each communication gives you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving similar future communications using a link at the bottom of the email. You can also review, change or correct your identity and email address information by signing into your Account and going to the settings tab.
Please note there are some communications that are an integral part of the Ekobokning Service and cannot be opted-out of. These communications cover, amongst other things, changes to the Ekobokning Service and your actual or potential transactions with hotels. They can be brought to an end by de-registering your Account.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
In accordance with that Act, we reserve the right to charge a small fee if you ask us to provide you with this information. If you have questions about the handling or protection of your personal data, a written enquiry should be sent to us using our contact form.
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EKOBOKNING ACCOUNT HOLDER AGREEMENT
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We are GoPolitan AB, and our address for correspondence and queries is Ekobokning.se, c/o Bee Productions, Malmtorgsgatan 5, 111 51 Stockholm. We are a company registered in Sweden under registration no. 556978-4316. Our VAT registration number is SE556978431601. Please note that all communications (including formal notices) under this Agreement are to be sent and received by email. For this purpose, your notices should be sent via our contact form, and we will send our notices to you at the email address you notify to use when you register as an Account Holder, as changed subsequently in your Account details.